2012 Ford Escape 3.0 Serpentine Belt Diagram

willgatlin

Joined

·

141 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a 2010 Escape, purchased with 52000mi in October. Currently has 54000mi and it's now January.

I've noticed that when I start it recently it sounds like a rubbing noise somewhere around the belt area. It's not so much a squeak as it is a rubbing noise, like a "whish, whish, whish." (and no its not the air blowing off the fan lol)

Forgive me but I'm not up to date on the mechanics of this engine at all. It's a V6 model.

I can't seem to locate a standard "Serpentine" belt, all I can find is a small belt on the right side of the engine. It seems the noise is comming from that area.

I'm sorry I don't sound very educated at all, but maybe someone has experienced this?

mozz

Joined

·

1,037 Posts

Pour a glass of water on it when running, if the noise disappears, it is most likely the belt.

Joined

·

169 Posts

My take...serpentine belt slippage normally occurs when the belts are too old and at 50k miles (depending on the environmental factors in your area) it needs replacement or could be a squealing belt tensioner.

willgatlin

Joined

·

141 Posts

Discussion Starter · #4 ·

So is the serpentine belt on this model escape the little belt that goes between two pullys?

On most vehicles the serpentine belt goes around 4 to 5 different pullys and powers all the accessories. Unless I'm blindly retarded I can't find anything but one tiny belt on the driver side of the engine that goes between two pullys. Is this the "serpentine" on this engine?

Joined

·

169 Posts

willgatlin

Joined

·

141 Posts

Discussion Starter · #6 ·

SCOOTER said:

Hello,

This is the diagram of a serpertine belt diagram on a V6 Escape

http://serpentinebeltdiagrams.com/2008- ... 0l-engine/

Hope this helps

I have a 2010 but I'm sure the engines are close to the same. I must be gifted because I don't see any belt like that. All I see is a tiny belt that goes between two pullys. I'll have to get out and take a closer look soon, maybe when its not 25 degrees outside.

Thanks

Joined

·

3 Posts

I had the same issue on my 2008 escape V6. The problem with mine was bearings on a pulley (#8 in the belt diagram) If I remember right it was $35 from the ford dealer and three bolts.

tuxtanium

Joined

·

872 Posts

willgatlin said:

I can't seem to locate a standard "Serpentine" belt, all I can find is a small belt on the right side of the engine. It seems the noise is coming from that area.

That's the water pump. It is driven by the intake cam. They are known to fail. Mine is starting to leak and will get replaced at the next oil change.

There is also a serpentine belt on the front of the engine. You'll have to look nice and low for it as it is entirely below the engine mount. It serves the crank, A/C, alternator and a tensioner.

Source: https://www.escape-city.com/threads/2010-escape-belt-squeak.18572/

Posted by: louiemusgrovee0194713.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments